It’s fall, y’all! Or at least it feels like it here in Pennsylvania! Along with cooler weather, football, knee high boots and longer sleeves- what else is there? PUMPKIN SPICE EVERYTHING. Adam and I look forward to September 1 every year for everything pumpkin related. This year, my dear friend Sarah, who is rockin’ at the keto lifestyle, needed a keto friendly birthday cake, and I stumbled across one at Keto In the City. I really wouldn’t call this a birthday cake, but instead a super-awesome autumn cake.
I made a few adjustments, and I am calling it a low carb pumpkin cake because it was difficult to locate some of the keto sweeteners that the recipe requires. This can easily be made keto, just switch out your sweetener! These are great for breakfast or dessert!
Low Carb Pumpkin Cake
- 5 Eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 can pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup xylitol/ 1/3 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 tbs pre-mixed pumpkin pie spice
- Combine wet ingredients and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix together until smooth. Pour into an 8″ cake pan or cupcake pans.
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes.
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 4 tbs butter (softened)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 dashes pumpkin pie spice (approximately 1 tsp)
- Sweetener of choice to taste. (Powdered sugar or Swerve is best!)
Mix all frosting ingredients together until smooth. Spread over cake once it’s cooled.
2 thoughts on “Low Carb Pumpkin Cake!”
On the frosting, is it maybe supposed to be 1/2 t. vanilla instead of 12? 🙂
Yes! Just updated it 🙂 Thanks!